TENSOR II FTIR Spectrometer
TENSOR II is a high performing FTIR spectrometer with a compact size. It combines the highest sensitivity and outstanding flexibility with an intuitive and easy to operate interface. These features make the TENSOR II the best choice for advanced applications in industrial R&D and academia
Smooth Work Flow
TENSOR II provides a smooth and complete solution for your analytical work flow. To perform your sample analysis just follow the guideline of the intuitive software step-by-step. Save valuable time by unobstructed sampling, by sensitive thus short measurements and by using the most suitable evaluation method for your analytical question. The generation of a meaningful report closes the cycle before the next sample is analyzed.
Performance You Can Rely On
TENSOR II has been designed to extend the strength of the well-established TENSOR series by innovation. As the first spectrometer in its class TENSOR II utilizes a modern diode laser. Furthermore TENSOR II provides a new electronic stabilization function for the IR source.
These features greatly increase the life time of the two major wear parts in IR spectrometers and further reduce your maintenance costs and efforts.
Highest Quality for Highest Performance
The outstanding sensitivity of the TENSOR II is achieved by the high throughput of the well-proven RockSolidTM interferometer. It is controlled by an advanced electronic platform resulting in a high stability against mechanical shocks and vibrations Fit for Advanced IR Analysis TENSOR II has a large sample compartment to accommodate virtually any FTIR sampling accessory. Together with the option to connect external accessories like the research grade FTIR microscope HYPERION, a thermogravimetric balance or the high throughput screening deviceHTS-XT almost unlimited sampling capabilities are provided.
Either with internal or external accessories the TENSOR II provides the superior signal-to-noise which is required for applications with a high demand on measurement sensitivity.
Constantly Verified Performance TENSOR II automatically and constantly ensures reliable analysis results. All vital spectrometer components like interferometer, source, detector and interferometer are permanently checked. Periodically performed test measurements verify the functionality of the TENSOR II according to its specification Validation TENSOR II is prepared with fully automated PQ (performance qualification) and OQ (operational qualification) routines for instrument validation in regulated pharmaceutical laboratories. Using internal NIST-traceable standards TENSOR II performs optionally validation tests according to US, European and Japanese Pharmacop
Well-Balanced Design TENSOR II is designed to optimally combine high light-throughput and a large sample compartment with compactness. The optical bench is precisely arranged and safeguarded by the tightly sealed premium-class housing from high quality structural foam which provides excellent rigidness External Accessories and Sampling Options
Sampling capabilities of the TENSOR II can be expanded by adding an optional external beam port. This allows the attachment of one or more external accessories
- HYPERION Series FT-IR microscope
- HYPERION 3000 FT-IR imaging system
- HTS-XT High Throughput Screening eXTension
- IMAC Focal Plane Array Macro Imaging Accessory
- TGA module
- PMA 50 for VCD and PM-IRRAS
- GC coupling
- External sample compartment; evacuable or purgeable
- External vacuum tight UHV-chamber adaptation
- Integrating sphere
- Liquid auto samplers
Advanced Electronics Bruker's DigiTectTM detector technology ensures lowest electronic noise. It is based on modern dual-channel deltasigma ADC's with true 24-bit dynamic range integrated into the detector preamplifier electronics.
The TENSOR II offers a unique Power-Mode to improve the signal-to-noise in measurements at low light throughput with the standard DTGS detector
Expandability TENSOR II optionally can be equipped with broadband beamsplitters to expand the spectral range either to the Near or Far Infrared. According to the range of interest source and detector can easily be exchanged by the operator. Due to electronic coding parameter settings are adapted automatically.
TENSOR II FTIR Spectrometer
External Accessories and Sampling Options
Pharma and Life Science
- Protein conformation and concentration (with CONFOCHECK)
- Highly sensitive quantification of drugs and excipients in aqueous solution
- Microorganism identification
- Chemical imaging of biological tissue (with IR microscope HYPERION)
- Determination of enantiomers (with VCD)
- Investigation of lipid and protein monolayers at the air/water interface
- Characterization of stability and volatile content of medical drug products by thermal analysis
Polymer and Chemical
- Chemical imaging of inhomogeneous polymer materials and multilayer systems (with IR microscope HYPERION)
- Determination of volatile compounds and characterization of decomposition processes by thermal analysis
- Reaction monitoring under laboratory conditions (MIR fiber probe)
- Detection and characterization of thin and monolayers
- Characterization of corrosion processes
- Investigation of the homogeneity of coatings by chemical imaging (with IR microscope HYPERION)
- Characterization of brick materials by thermal analysis
- Determination of the emissivity of building materials
- Characterization of optical materials (windows, mirrors)
- Investigation of dark materials by PAS
- Determination of oxygen and carbon content for quality control
- Estimation of soil nutrients and organic matter
- Soil characterization