Multi-element analysis for all kinds of samples, from carbon to americium
The combustion analyzer G4 ICARUS HF with high frequency furnace and infrared detection is the ideal instrument for rapid and precise carbon and sulfur analysis in solids.
The combustion analyzer G4 ICARUS HF with high frequency furnace and infrared detection is the ideal instrument for rapid and precise carbon and sulfur analysis in solids, especially with metallic materials but as well with other inorganic materials like ceramics, ores, cement, clays etc. The solid sample is combusted in a ceramic crucible within a sealed high-frequency furnace which is pressurized by a flow of pure oxygen. In order to achieve optimum combustion, the power of the HF furnace is adjustable. The resulting reaction gases CO2 and SO2 are measured by solid-state IR detectors. The system is characterized by its high analytical speed, precision and sensitivity combined with ease of use and almost maintenance free operation.
By introducing key technology advances, the G4 ICARUS HF creates a new dimension of usability and productivity.
The innovative combustion zone design utilizes a gas extraction nozzle (pat. pend.) to ensure a high oxygen excess at the sample with instant removal of liberated gases and formed metal oxide dust. A unique, fully automatic cleaning system with brush-free dust removal, ensures simultaneous cleaning of the inline dust filter and gas extraction nozzle while transferring accumulated dust into the (used) crucible for disposal. In conjunction with a new type, temperature stabilized dust filter optimized for lowest dead volume, these innovations create unrivaled characteristics and performance:
- More efficient combustion on a wider variety of samples, while virtually eliminating dust and splattering, thus maximizing productivity, applicability and component lifetime
- Cleaner furnace, dust filter and environment than achievable with vacuum cleaner systems but without their drawbacks for utmost analytical stability and noiseless operation without routine maintenance
The G4 ICARUS HF is equipped with selective solid-state, non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) detectors without any moving parts and comes with two measuring ranges for both, carbon (CO2) and sulfur (SO2) as standard. All channels are recorded simultaneously and the optimal choice is evaluated automatically by the data processing software.
The intuitive analysis software of the G4 ICARUS HF provides a clear user interface. Different tasks from the user’s workflow like measurement, method setup, calibration and data evaluation are clearly divided into different views
Features & Benefits
- Innovative design of the combustion zone with gas extraction nozzle (pat. pending) provides lance-free operation: More efficient combustion without an error prone lance while virtually eliminating dust, splatters and no need for abrasive cleaning; thus extended component lifetime (e.g. quartz combustion tube), reduced maintenance, higher productivity
- Fully automatic cleaning system with noiseless and vacuum-free dust removal: no routine maintenance, vacuum free dust removal into the crucible
- Double dual range solid-state NDIR detector (no moving parts) with two measuring ranges for both, CO2 and SO2 as standard, automatic base line compensation and optimum range selection
- Zero-flow mode saves oxygen during break periods; in stand-by mode additionally no reagent consumption
- Unique 3-yr. warranty on the key components HF tube and IR detector
Bruker Elemental GmbH offers a wide range of consumables for CS/ONH-Analyzers such as
- Combustion boats
- Heating elements
- Combustion tubes
- Standard samples
and much more
For questions regarding specific items, prices, or availability Service contact here..
G4 ICARUS - Analysis Screen
The G4 ICARUS HF is the ideal instrumentation for rapid, precise and simultaneous determination of carbon and sulfur in many different kinds of material, e.g:
- Cast Iron
- Titanium and Alloys
- Zirconium and alloys
- Many more
- One special application is the determination of carbon for control of the carbon potential in carburization processes for case hardening of steel.